Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Long Lost Relatives

So, I'm coming home from church tonight and I'm turning left onto Cline to come home and I really just wanted to go home and go to bed but I was a bit low on gas and something was telling me to do it now versus later.

So I pull into the gas station and this guy pulls up to the other side of the pump and says "hi". I'm not all that talkative of a person but I said "hi" back. So then he starts talking about my KI stickers on my car, and my ears perk up. And he's got a KI sticker on HIS car. Now I'm into it.

So I start talking about where my relatives are on the island. And all of a sudden he stops and looks at me funny. And I'm thinking, uh oh - what did I say?

He goes "What did you say your name was again?" And I said I'm Jason, I'm Christine Bradburn's son and he goes "WHOA! We're COUSINS! I'm Phil's son, Joe" And I was floored. I knew that I had relatives living in the area but I never expected to actually meet them, like just out of the blue like that.

Pretty cool experience to meet someone you've never seen before and find out you're related!

No comments: