Friday, August 15, 2008

Another Family First

No pictures for this one, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

Grandma Donna took us (and by us, I mean Julie's 3 nephews and our family of four) out to Culver's for dinner. Matthew was unusually cooperative about eating his dinner and so he got ice cream as a reward.

The first few spoonfuls were fairly uneventful and then it happened. The first thing I noticed is that he wasn't reaching back into the bowl for another spoonful. Then he looked kinda freaked out for a minute, his face turned visibly red and his eyes got real big. And then the lip started to pout and finally he burst into tears as I pulled him into my arms.

His first freezer burn headache. I was so proud. I was almost moved to tears.

By the way, he finished the rest of his ice cream without incident and even shared some with his dear old dad.

No comments: