Friday, July 25, 2008

Panoramic Shot of Kelleys

I took a series of photos on Kelleys Island off Eastaways' back porch with the express intent of creating a panorama (amongst the 600 other photos I took). It turns out that Microsoft has a decent and free (the part that I like) photo program as part of their Windows Live series of programs. I used their blog now as a test - not sure I like it. It's trying to be facebook/MySpace and it's clearly neither.

On our most recent visit, Saturday morning was a dreary rainy day but as you can see from the panorama, things brightened considerably from the time I started to the time I finished (probably no more than two minutes).




panorama.jpg picture by JRock3x8




For those who have experienced this in person, the whole thing probably looks a bit distorted. After all, it's a 180 degree turn as you can see the house on the right and on the left. But for those who have never been to Kelleys Island, allow me to show you what my definition of paradise looks like, even under the rain clouds. The lake is a hundred feet off the back step and the view is spectacular.

No comments: