Saturday, June 14, 2008

Father's Day 2008

One thing we are not in the Williams Family is patient, especially during gift giving holidays. I remember convincing Julie to give me one of my Christmas Presents on "St Nick's Day" which is like December 5th.

Tomorrow is lining up to be a fairly busy day between church and work and the usual Sunday madness, so mama insisted we break out the Father's Day gifts tonight. Hard to argue with logic like that.

First, two medals the kids made at church tonight, Kelley's is on the left and Matthew's is on the right. The reason that Kelley's magnet is on the front instead of the back is that she wrote me this message on the back : "You are the best dad I've ever had."




Kelley also made me this Father's Day Card at school :



The text on the inside reads : "It's great to have a father like you! I know how much you want for me to be a baby. I know how much you love me. Your the bestist dad I've ever had!!"




I was told this evening that the reason the sun is red is because it's setting. Pretty perceptive for a 6 year old girl.



Kelley also made me a card that looks like a dress shirt and then when you open it, it has a picture of her with her arms spread wide and it says "I love you this much!" with the arms extended by means of drawing off the sides of the page. Very Cute. Unfortunately it was too big to scan, so you'll have to live with my inadequate description.

Last but not least, I've been INUNDATED with pictures since Kelley came home from school. I'm not kidding - I have a stack about an inch thick on my desk. When does school start again? Someone save the trees!!!

I also got cards from Julie and her mother, so thank you both for those. (You don't get picture treatment because I'm not your dad :) )

So enough of this mamby pamby card stuff - where's the LOOT?!?

  1. We gave out books at church as part of our Men's Bible Study (for $1 a piece) - "The Man In the Mirror" and "The Dad in the Mirror". I think charging $1 turned out to be the wrong thing to do because we blew through them all very quickly.
  2. I also got a t-shirt with the kids picture on the front and hand prints on the back. It reads "My Dad Deserves" on the front and "A Pat On The Back" on the back. I believe there was more than one shirt made. Wink, Wink, Nudge, Nudge.
  3. Last but not least, my wife swallowed her sad devotion to the wrong baseball team in the City of Chicago and bought me a Cubs shirt. She said something about not being able to wear it for fear of being removed from her mother's will. Whatever helps you sleep at night, hon. When you're ready to come out of the closet and root for a real baseball team, Cub Nation will be ready for ya!

No comments: