Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Toughest Job...

I think everyone knows the struggles I have with raising my son. He's all boy. As Doctor Dobson once said, boys are "all afterburner, no rudder".

That's why this weekend was a bit strange. On Saturday morning, Matthew hit his head on something or other and went and hid under Mommy's desk. I suspected he might be hurt so I went to check on him. I bent down under the desk and said "Are you okay?" He nodded sadly "Yes" but you could tell he wasn't feeling all that great.

About 5 minutes later he comes up to me sitting on the stairs and throws his arms around my neck. This went on for about 5 minutes. I said to Julie - "I don't think I've gotten this much attention from him in his whole life!"

Later that day after a little Father and Son Rock Band session and some lunch, he settled down on the couch next to me and eventually fell asleep on me. The words on my t-shirt I think sum up my feelings best.

The T shirt reads...


"The Toughest Job You'll Ever Love"




Amen.

No comments: