Monday, October 08, 2007

Reunited...and it feels so good

In my house, we used to have a shared sugar bowl until one day I accidentally dripped some water into the sugar bowl, rendering the sugar hard as concrete. Let's just say the wife was not pleased. After this happened two or three times, she banished me from "her" sugar bowl to this craptastic plastic Glad container, pictured at right. Just to add insult to injury, she wrote "Daddy's Sugar Bowl" around the side of it so that all could see my banished shame.


A few weeks ago, my wife came down with a cold and on the advice of a relative, she started drinking honey in her tea instead of sugar. After a short adjustment period, she finally determined that she could go cold turkey on the sugar. And I was allowed to rejoin the world of the sugar bowl.


Her final word on the subject? "I don't care if you mess up the sugar bowl now because the only person that will have to deal with it is YOU!"


Now that's love. :)


64e280d5.jpg picture by JRock3x8


PS : I also considered titling this blog "Hard Time" to properly reflect my banishment/imprisonment and the reason for my punishment (Hard Sugar Bricks).

No comments: